Now that the holidays are over, do you need help with taking down your Christmas lights?
Take Down Costs
- The cost to take down the Christmas lights is 40% of the installation cost with a minimum charge of $90, plus GST.
- Take down charges may be higher for lights that Assiniboine did not install or for trees that have been up for multiple years.
- A travel charge starting at $40 may be applied to jobs outside of Calgary. This is including, but not limited to, Okotoks, Airdrie, Cochrane, Priddis, Bragg Creek. Canmore & Banff travel charge starting at $75. The travel charge will be waived if a neighbour gets their lights installed on the same day.
- A credit card is required at the time of booking. Please see Payment Terms & Conditions for more details.
- Cancellations must be made a minimum of 24 hours in advance or a $50 charge will be processed.
Take Down Timing
- The take down season runs through the months of January and February.
- Take downs completed outside of these two months will be subject to a $30 out of season surcharge and will be completed on an intermittent basis determined by demand and availability.
Why Take Down?
- When the lights have to withstand Calgary’s harsh climate (freezing temperatures, hail, strong winds & sun) on a year round basis they will deteriorate at a faster rate and there is a higher chance that they will not work for the following season.
- Both traditional and LED lights can fade with high sun exposure causing the lights to lose their colour and not match the newer strands colours.
- The plastic clips that are used to attach the lights will become brittle and break easily when exposed to the elements for long periods of time, causing the lights to hang off of the house.
- It can be more cost effective in the long run to take down the lights year after year rather than be forced to purchase new product every year.
- You don’t want to be ‘that neighbour’!