Terms & Conditions
- Prices are primarily, but not exclusively based on square footage and are affected by product choices and design.
- Estimates are valid for 30 days from the date given.
- All change orders must be in writing and accepted by both the purchaser and the vendor, any additions to the signed contract after work has commenced will be billed accordingly.
- Assiniboine Lights & Landscapes maintains ownership of all materials, and the right to access those materials and their construction equipment until the contract is fulfilled.
- A 50% deposit is required on all jobs requiring the purchase of materials.
- Payment is due on completion of the contract as deemed completed by Assiniboine Lights & Landscapes.
- Processing fees apply to credit card payments over $2500 (total overall invoice).
- Overdue payments will be charged 4% monthly.
- Assiniboine Lights & Landscapes provides a 2 year limited hardscape warranty pertaining to workmanship defects.
- Assiniboine is unable to provide a warranty on Plant Material at the prices as listed in your contract. Ask your project manager about purchasing an extended warranty.
- Assiniboine is unable to provide a warranty on any contracts in which the clients obligations were not completely fulfilled.
- The property owner is responsible for ensuring there are no encroachments, restrictions or permits needed. If a permit or easement is required, the client is responsible for obtaining it. Assiniboine does offer assistance if needed, ask your estimator or project manager for further details.
- The property owner is responsible for notifying and managing neighbors as landscape construction does involve dirt, brick and the occasional noise disruption.
- Landscape Drawings that are intended to be ‘to scale’ are not always 100% accurate and often contain minor inaccuracies that are very difficult to realize until the landscape is actually built. In the event of a discrepancy between a drawing and the actual landscape we always use the final landscape that was built to determine final volumes used in calculating the final invoice.
- Unless otherwise stated square footage numbers are based on minimal material wastage, depending on the complexity of the project design, the price per foot may increase slightly to account for wastage.
- If there are any problems at all, please notify us immediately so we can rectify the situation.
Buyer’s Right to Cancel
You may cancel this contract from the day you enter into the contract until 10 days after you receive a copy of the contract. You do not need a reason to cancel. If you do not receive the goods or services within 30 days of the date stated in the contract, you may cancel this contract within one year of the contract date. You lose that right if you accept delivery after the 30 days. There are other grounds for extended cancellation. For more information, you may contact your provincial/territorial consumer affairs office.
If you cancel this contract, the seller has 15 days to refund your money and any trade-in, or the cash value of the trade-in. You must then return the goods. To cancel, you must give notice of cancellation at the address in this contract. You must give notice of cancellation by a method that will allow you to prove that you gave notice, including registered mail, fax or by personal delivery.