Decks are a beautiful extension of the house and they add living space in the summer. Assiniboine builds several kinds of decks and we approach each one with the idea that this is where you spend quality time barbecuing, entertaining and relaxing.
There are several varieties of railings to choose from on your deck. Wood rails can be built in a number of styles, also, you can consider lower maintenance aluminum railings or use glass and aluminum railings to provide a more open and spacious atmosphere.
Fill out our contact form for a quick and easy way to set up your landscape construction estimate.
- Decks can be constructed up to 2’ above ground without a permit.
- If a permit is required, permitmasters.ca can expedite the permit process.
- Deck railings must be 42” high to meet building codes.
- Deck skirting is an excellent way to ‘finish’ a deck off.
- Ideally decks and fences should be constructed using the same materials.
- Deck construction always starts with a pressure treated wood frame, then can be finished with pressure treated cedar, vinyl or composite.
- Decks should always be constructed on cement pilings with no wood under the soil.
- Instead of skirting, weed fabric and gravel can be used under decks to create a ‘clean’ finish.