Residential Property Maintenance Service Agreement
Service Terms & Conditions
Weather does play an important role in our ability to properly service your property and we would appreciate your patience in providing us grace time to attend to the service schedule. In consideration for the services provided by Assiniboine Lights and Landscapes; you agree to adhere to the following terms and conditions:
Description of Services
- Spring Clean Ups (April 1 – May 31 approximately, weather dependent). Services are booked on a first come first serve basis. It is the customers responsibility to mark all sprinkler systems and landscape lighting. *All dog waste must be cleaned prior to the crew’s arrival. A failure to do so will result in additional charges starting at $20.
- Lawn maintenance (May 15 – October 15, unless the parties otherwise agree to in writing).
- Bi-weekly cuts are an additional cost and are available as of July 15th. Clients can either indicate on the contract if the wish to automatically be moved to this schedule or can contact the office (48 hours notice is required) to request this change In service.
- Additions to the standard services include the following:
- Late contracts (starting after May 15th) will have the first cut & trim billed at $75/man hour to account for grass length. All subsequent cuts will be billed at the contract rate.
- Failure to turn off all sprinklers on scheduled service day will result in a cancellation of appointment and full cut charge as outlined on Page 1 of this contract.
- Dog waste not removed from grass areas will be a fee starting at $20, may vary depending on amount.
- Fall Clean Ups (October 15 – November 15, approximately weather dependent). Services are provided on a first come first serve basis, weather permitting.
- Suspension, termination or interruption of the Services provided under this contract requires a minimum of 48 hours advance notice. Such notice includes by telephone, fax or email.
- Any of the Services performed or scheduled to be performed prior to the 48 hour advance notice period will be included on Client’s next invoice and due immediately upon receipt.
Performance of Services
- Services that are delayed due to weather will be rescheduled for the next weather-permitting day or shortly thereafter, depending upon the number of continuous days affected by the weather.
- Clients will flag or otherwise indicate all sprinkler heads and landscape lighting. Assiniboine cannot be held responsible for any damage to irrigation parts or lighting that are not clearly marked.
- Estimated fees are based on the description of the property provided to Assiniboine by the Client. If the property is found to vary in size, topography or other physical characteristics from the original assessment of the property, Assiniboine may adjust the price accordingly. The client will be notified of such change before any of the services are performed.
- Estimates are valid for 30 days from the date given
- A credit card is required for all service bookings.
- Payment is due upon receipt of invoice or on the last day of the month (for weekly maintenance). Credit cards will be charged and an emailed receipt is available upon request.
- If payment of an invoice is not made at the end of a given month, Assiniboine may charge the Client interest on the unpaid amount at 4% per annum, compounded monthly, until paid. An additional $25 administration fee may also apply to any late payment.
- All declined cheques or credit cards will be charged a $25 administration fee.
- Invoices will be deemed as correct and non-negotiable after 10 days from invoicing date.
- For any Light Construction projects, Assiniboine maintains ownership of all materials, and the right to access those materials and their equipment until this invoice has been paid in full.
Warranty (if applicable)
- Due to our extreme climate conditions here in Calgary, and our inability to ensure that what is planted/installed gets the proper care, Assiniboine cannot provide warranty on sod, flowers, bushes and/or trees at the prices listed in the estimate.
- If you would like to purchase an extended warranty on any greenery ask your project manager about the costs and details.
- For Light Construction projects Assiniboine provides a 2 year limited warranty pertaining to workmanship defects (for more information please go to the landscape warranty section on our website).
Limit of Liability
- Assiniboine’s obligations under this contract are limited to providing or causing to be provided the services and Assiniboine does not assume any other liabilities or obligations of or to the client under this contract.
- The Client shall indemnify, fully protect, save harmless and defend Assiniboine and all persons providing the Services under this contract against and from losses, costs and damages arising as a consequence of actions, proceedings, claims or demands brought or made by or against Assiniboine, the Client, or their affiliates, employees, agents or contractors or by any other persons as a result of the provision of the Services under this contract.
The experts at Assiniboine are fully equipped to tackle your lawn care and property maintenance needs.
Relax and let us take care of your yard throughout the summer months!