During the Fall and Winter months you may not be thinking about your yard or outdoor space, as it is dreary and cold out, but it is a great time to start planning your landscaping project for Spring.
Get a jump on the planning now so you can get the most out of your new yard next season. You will be able to enjoy your brand new outdoor retreat all summer long.
What needs to be done this fall to get your landscaping completed in the spring?
Steps for Planning your Landscape Project
- Decide on the outdoor project that you’d like to build or re-do
- Front Yard for curb appeal
- Backyard deck or patio area
- Retaining wall to make use of a sloped area
- Determine how you’d like to use that space
- Outdoor cooking
- Relaxing by the fire
- Lounging on the patio
- Assess the property
- Take into consideration the property as a whole, privacy, sunlight
- Obstacles, such as air conditioning unit, window wells, swales, downspouts
- Determine a possible layout
- Get Ideas – Head online to get inspired
- Check out our Landscaping Galleries
- Choose your Materials
- Products for Patios and Pathways
- Pressure treated vs Cedar wood
- Vinyl or Composite materials
- Decide if a professional landscaping design is something that you need
- Check out Dreamscape Design
- Financial planning – What is your budget? This is an important factor for your project
- Get an landscaping estimate from a reputable company, Like us!
Also, check out our tips for planning your landscape project to get you thinking about the steps you need to take to get the ball rolling on your next project.