All warranty issues or concerns must be supplied to Assiniboine using our Warranty Request Form.
Assiniboine will be in touch the next available business day to review this issue.
Assiniboine offers a 2 year hassle-free warranty on all hardscapes projects and we stand behind our work. Please read through the warranty details and terms & conditions below.
Stone Patios & Pathways
- All patios are covered against major shifting or settling for 2 years (in excess of 1"). It is normal for a patio to settle or shift up to 1" after completion.
- Patios can sink if water is continuously dripping on it in the same place. Assiniboine is not responsible for this type of damage due to neglect.
- If polymeric sand is used in the patios, Assiniboine is not responsible for any ‘staining’ that may be a result from the application. It can occasionally cause a ‘greying’ of the stones.
Retaining Walls & Stairs
- All retaining walls are covered against major heaving or sinking for 2 years.
- Assiniboine builds drainage into all major walls to prevent heaving. However, if a drain spout or leaking
hose is behind the wall it will lead to excessive amounts of water behind the wall, which will lead to heaving. Such issues must be relocated and addressed upon project completion or warranty is void.
- Stackstone is only recommended as a decorative wall product and Assiniboine cannot be responsible for
any walls constructed with Stackstone that are supporting significant mass (mounded beds or patios) and / or are over 18” in height.
Woodwork - Decks, Fences, Pergolas, Privacy Screens & Arbors
- All woodwork is covered from major structural defects for 2 years.
- Wood products weather naturally. Pressure-treated wood and composites will fade, and Cedar will silver. Assiniboine is not responsible for regular maintenance and staining after construction.
- Cracks in Natural Wood Products - In our climate all wood dries once it is installed. Products like cedar
and pressure treated lumber do naturally crack, shrink and/or twist as they dry and are exposed to the elements. Assiniboine is not responsible and cannot provide a warranty for this naturally occurring process.
- All parts and labor have a 2 year warranty.
- Client is responsible for:
1. The irrigation system being blown out before the first freeze in the fall.
2. Shutting off all zones for the winter.
3. Turning off the water main for the winter.
4. Starting the system in the spring and checking all heads and drip lines for alignment.
- Mulch biodegrades over time, and it is recommended that new mulch is added every second year due to this process. This is not covered under warranty, but we can always arrange for the mulch to be topped up at an additional charge.
Low Maintenance Areas - Weeds
- A weed barrier is not a permanent solution for weeds, as it only helps to REDUCE the presence of weeds. You must ensure no one is ripping or digging in the barrier.
- In order for the weed barrier to be effective, any organic matter on top of the barrier must be removed, as weeds will grow in organic matter on top of an effective barrier if not properly maintained.
- A regime of weed control products or manual weeding is the only way to prevent weeds. Please read the weed control products instructions before application.
Assiniboine does not provide a complimentary warranty on greenery.
Assiniboine cannot provide a warranty on plants, trees or sod. This is due to the variable conditions of the Canadian climate, and our inability to insure that planted greenery gets the proper care. Shrubs, perennials and trees do not have nursery warranty, and in the event that they do have a warranty, it does not cover delivery and labor.
Terms & Conditions
- All warranty issues must be submitted to Assiniboine through the Warranty Request Form on our website. Outline the problem, inculde pictures and the desired solution.
- Repairs will extend to the cost of the affected area, but will not cover damage caused as a result of the
failed area. For example, if a wall falls and damages shrubs/perennials, Assiniboine is responsible for fixing the wall, but not for replacing damaged shrubs/perennial.
- Assiniboine cannot be held responsible for damage caused to landscapes by acts of nature or 3rd party damage. All landscapes are constructed to endure typical conditions, but cannot be expected to withstand extreme flooding, tornados, fire or damage caused by others such as cars crashes and vandalism.
- Assiniboine cannot be held responsible for damage to underground sprinklers or lighting that are not properly marked.
- Assiniboine will provide a maximum of 2 complimentary warranty calls pertaining to the same issue during the 2 year warranty period.